Whether you are looking for a Wireless site survey (WiFi) for your barcode system or an RFID site survey for your RFID Solution, Information Management Technologies's site survey provides written measurements and analysis of a site by a Certified Wireless System Engineer, trained in network design, to determine an optimal number, placement, and configuration of equipment required to ensure 100% radio frequency (RF/RFID) coverage in designated areas of your facility. Our WiFi Site Survey, Barcode Site Survey, RFID Site Survey all result in detailed specifications required for network layout. These specifications will vary depending on your method of data collection including Barcode, WiFi, or RFID Integration.
Site survey findings will include:
- Barcoding: Number of access points, hubs, routers, switches, bridges, and/or cabling, addressing equipment quantities and placement, RF coverage, interference considerations, power considerations, and wiring requirements for your specific facility.
- RFID/EPC Global Compliance: Number of Fixed or Mobile RFID Readers (RFID Interrogators), Class 1 or Class 0, Gen2, UHF (ultra-high frequency) band (e.g. 900 MHz), Transponders (Tags), Antennas, and/or cabling, addressing equipment quantities and placement, RF coverage, interference considerations (examples include: nylon conveyor belts, proprietary wireless LAN implementations, electronic motors on lift trucks, and electric pallet jacks), power considerations, and wiring requirements for your specific facility.
- LAN/WAN: Number of access points, hubs, routers, switches, bridges, and/or cabling, addressing equipment quantities and placement, RF coverage, interference considerations, power considerations, and wiring requirements for your specific facility.
The specifications are intended to serve as a guide for sizing and planning your application whether it’s Bar coding, RFID/EPC Global Compliance, or LAN/WAN. For multiple facilities, a multi-site site survey plan would be quoted.
Information Management Technologies's Responsibilities:
- Schedule site surveys within two weeks of a request.
- Measure radio characteristics of the facility in requested designated areas.
- Analyze results of the site survey.
- Determine placement of necessary equipment, to provide full RF coverage in requested designated areas, or confirm existing equipment.
- Survey and identify RF interference.
- Survey and identify power requirement options.
- Survey existing network topology.
- Verify host connectivity in the network.
- Design WLAN for RF coverage and ethernet segment connectivity into existing network.
- Document planned point(s) of connectivity into existing network.
- Document equipment placement, RF coverage, power requirement considerations, RF interferences, and wiring requirements.
- Document the configuration of the equipment to be installed.
- Prepare and send a Site Survey Report of the documented specifications to clients.
- Provide a facility layout drawing prior to site survey. If possible, drawing should reflect all existing network hubs/routers/switches locations.
- Arrange for facility access and any necessary escorts.
- Designate areas in which RF coverage is required.
- Provide adequate scissor lift or forklift on the day the site survey is to be preformed. Lift must be available or entire site survey.
- Notify Information Management Technologies of the requested site survey date to allow at least a two-week minimum.
- The site survey will provide equipment quantity, placement recommendations, product brand recommendations, power considerations, and wiring requirements as they relate to your facility.
From start to finish, Information Management Technologies, Inc. will work with you to maximize the productivity of your barcode & RFID data collection systems.
Click here to have a System Integration Consultant contact you, or you can call us at (425) 322-5078.